Our mission is to provide state of the art solutions to our customers
Our Protective Coatings
Our Protective Coating products are a range of sprayed-on polyurethane/polyurea elastomers that provide a flexible and tenacious bond to metals, wood, concrete, plastics, plaster and fibreglass substrates. They can be applied at a range of thicknesses from .5mm to 50mm.
Elastomers remain flexible from -40 deg.C to 160 deg.C and provide excellent protection and resistance to abrasion, impact, corrosion and chemicals.
Coatings can be applied to any and all horizontal, vertical and overhead surfaces and the seamless membrane can be handled or walked on within 30 seconds of application.
Touch dry within 10 seconds, it provides full and unrestricted use within 24 hours or less and the products can stretch to accommodate expansion and contraction of the substrate without adhesion loss.
Physical properties demonstrate a tensile strength from 1500 to 6600 psi and 70+ “shore” hardness to allow application in harsh environments such as the mining, civil construction and transport industries.
Polyurea hardens to the desired strength quickly, saving you valuable downtime.
The key takeaway of Polyurea waterproofing coatings is they are crack, water, chemical and corrosion resistant, making it one of the toughest and most durable linings in worldwide. The lining is available in different blends for different applications and colourants can be added to suit such application as for swimming pools. Some of the more common uses for Polyurea coatings include:
- Concrete tanks
- Flat roofs
- Holding tanks
- Rust protection
- Tipper liners
- Truck liners
- Ute tub lining
- Docks and Piers
- Shooting Range
- Water Features
- Retaining walls
Hot Spray Application Process
Polyurea is most effective as a tenacious waterproofing coating when heated to 60-70°C during the 2 part spray on process. The 2 components are pumped into the special spray gun via heated hoses. The components mix in the gun chamber where the reaction starts and the heated mixture is immediately sprayed onto the substrate.
The Polyurea coating begins to cure in seconds. Polyurea hot spray coating requires precision and should be applied by trained waterproofing contractors. This ensures the best performance from the coating.
Polyurea hot spray is suitable for application across a wide range of temperatures from sub zero to humid environments without affecting its effectiveness. It can also be applied at any thickness from .5mm to 50mm in a single coat application.
5 Benefits Of Polyurea Coatings
Polyurea is a key choice in residential, agricultural, marine, commercial, industrial applications
- Waterproof and corrosion protection: Seamless Polyurea waterproofing membranes are moisture resistant, offering outstanding corrosion protection. This makes them ideal tank linings.
- Minimum downtime: Polyurea cures in 30 seconds. It can be walked on in 30 minutes, offering an almost immediate return to service time.
- Strength and flexibility: Polyurea highly flexible and is tear and puncture proof.
- No need for extra coats: the need for extra coats is eliminated with the 1:1 volume ratio. Because there are no solvents, the coating is environmentally friendly, potable and VOC free.
- Exceptional resistance: The tough, flexible Polyurea membrane will withstand extreme variations in temperatures, offers superior protection against chemical contact and abrasion as well as excellent UV resistance which makes it ideal for sealing roofs.
Our Waterproofing Service Guarantee
Pro WaterProofing’s mission is to provide tough, durable waterproofing solutions that work. Colin and his team of waterproofing contractors take absolute 100% care from the beginning to the end of your job.
Our Public Liability Insurance serves to keep our clients and our employees protected.